Well that, and I don't know how to shut up sometimes :P
Anyhow, Face of the Day (FOTD) time!
I've been playing with loose eyeshadows more than usual these days - shimmery pigments to be more specific - and using different coloured bases to give certain shades more dimension or depth. Such was the case when I created this deep blue smokey eye for today using Sugarpill's loose eyeshadow pigment in Magpie. I found that by applying it over a smudged- out charcoal grey eyeliner, it toned down the intensity just enough to help smoke out the edges and blend into my skin more evenly. For added depth to my eye I applied a medium taupe colour to the crease and blended it slightly. Black eyeliner and mascara complete this fun twist on the typical smokey eye.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner - Gunmetal (smudged around lash line)
- Sugarpill Chromalust loose eyeshadow - Magpie
- Annabelle pressed eyeshadow - Fantasy (used to blend Magpie at edges)
- Mac eyeshadow - Wedge (in crease only)
- Maybelline Eye Studio gel liner - Black (waterline)
- NYX Doll Eye mascara - Black
I'm loving how this looks on my skin tone. I haven't been one to give navy/dark blue a chance on me, though blue is one of my favourite colours. Also might I add that I'm dying to make my first online order for Sugarpill?! I received a few of their shadows as gifts but wow, I definitely want to try more!
Link to Sugarpill's online shop: Click here :)
Till next time <3